Subject: Jim Spriggs

Jim Spriggs

From: Sonia Alice O'Connor <s.oconnor>
Date: Friday, June 16, 2006
Jim Spriggs leaves York Archaeological Trust
Share your memories of York

    author.

On June 8, 2006 Jim Spriggs said goodbye to his colleagues and
friends at the York Archaeological Trust where he has been running
the conservation laboratories for nearly 35 years.  Our thanks go to
all past staff, interns and visiting colleagues from across the
world, who sent their kind wishes and photographs of their time in
York to help mark the occasion. Jim was very moved by your kind
wishes and they added a special moment to a great party.

Unfortunately we did not have time to track down the current email
addresses of all past interns and could not reach you through the
Distlist without Jim being made aware of our intent.  If you would
like to contribute to the collection of memories for Jim it is not
too late to send them to him via Ian Panter at
ipanter [at] yorkarchaeology__co__uk who has now returned to York to head
up the conservation division.

Jim is not retiring, however, and still intends to remain deeply
involved in conservation for a long time to come.

Sonia and Terry O'Connor

Sonia O'Connor
Research Fellow in Conservation
Department of Archaeological Sciences