Subject: Retouching enamel wall paintings

Retouching enamel wall paintings

From: Chhavi Bhandari <chhavi_bhandari>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2006
We are working on the Wall painting executed in 1930 using enamel
paint on the unprepared wall, having a very thin coat of lime. The
paint is lost from many portions and so we need to carry out
retouching on that wall. I would like to know what will be the best
medium for carrying out the retouching, so that the sheen of the
paint is also similar.

Chhavi Bhandari
Art Conservator
INTACH- New Delhi