Subject: Structural fills

Structural fills

From: Janice Selfridge <hvfac>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2006
I'm currently working on a plaster statue (approximately 40-50 years
old) that has some losses in the plaster.  There are also six layers
of exterior latex paint over the original plaster.  Some areas of
the paint (from previous restorations) have fallen off and taken
some of the plaster with it The statue resides in a grotto which is
exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures and varying weather
conditions during the year.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a structural fill that
would withstand the fluctuations in weather conditions as well as an
adhesive that I could work with when consolidating some of the areas
of paint that I'm not going to remove.

Janice Selfridge
Garrison, NY

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 14, 2006