Subject: Structural fills

Structural fills

From: Janice Selfridge <hvfac>
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I am currently working on a plaster statue (approximately 40-50
years old) that has some losses in the plaster.  There are also six
layers of exterior latex paint over the original plaster.  Some
areas of the paint (from previous restorations) have fallen off and
taken some of the plaster with it The statue resides in a grotto
which is exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures and varying
weather conditions during the year.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a structural fill that
would withstand the fluctuations in weather conditions as well as an
adhesive that I could work with when consolidating some of the areas
of paint that I'm not going to remove.

Janice Selfridge
Garrison, NY

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 1, 2006