Subject: Position at University of Maryland

Position at University of Maryland

From: Yvonne Carignan <carignan>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2006
Library Technician I, Full-Time
University of Maryland Libraries

The University of Maryland Libraries are recruiting for a full time
Preservation Technician, at the level of Library Technician I, for a
contract (contingent I) position in the Conservation Lab within the
Preservation Department.

This position is within the Preservation program with
responsibilities in both the Conservation and  Bindery, End
Processing Teams.  Reports to the Collections Conservator and
Bindery, End Processing Team Leader. Spends 1/2 time or 20 hours per
week assisting in technical and clerical support for the physical
preparation of library materials going to the shelf and to the
commercial bindery.  The other 1/2 time, under direction of
Collections Conservator, undertakes simple to complex conservation
treatments, and carries out repairs related to special projects and
in-house (minor and intermediate level) treatments.

Qualifications: Desirable:  Experience related to the primary duties
of the position or other relevant library work and High School
Diploma or GED.

To apply, contact

    Lupe Fernandes
    301-405-9249
    gfernan1 [at] umd__edu

For full consideration, apply by June 5, 2006.  Applications
accepted until position is filled.

Yvonne Carignan
Head of Preservation
University of Maryland