Subject: Silverfish

Silverfish

From: Brain Derek <derek.brain>
Date: Monday, May 8, 2006
Morag Wehrle <morag.wehrle [at] pc__gc__ca> writes

>Our entire office building, which is also home to our library and
>archives, is currently having problems with silverfish.

Silverfish require very high humidity to thrive. My advice would be
to try and find and eliminate the source of the moisture that is
sustaining the silverfish. Have you checked for roof leaks, leaking
pipes, malfunctioning air conditioning units, poor ventilation,
rising damp, etc?

Derek Brain
Preventive Conservation Manager
The Science Museum