Subject: Silverfish

Silverfish

From: Simon Moore <simon.moore>
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2006
Morag Wehrle <morag.wehrle [at] pc__gc__ca> writes

>Our entire office building, which is also home to our library and
>archives, is currently having problems with silverfish.

Since silverfish are largely floor-level travelling pests and if the
thought of chemicals and lower humidity are unappealing, I would
suggest using sticky traps.  On the occasion that we have had (only)
slight increases in silverfish populations, these traps have been
the most effective deterrent but initially need to be checked and/or
changed every 24 hours.

Simon Moore, MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Senior Conservator of Natural Sciences
Hampshire County Council