Subject: Blotting paper

Blotting paper

From: Akiko Yamazaki-Kleps <akiko.yamazaki-kleps>
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2006
We are looking for a good quality 100% cotton blotting paper in
regular thickness of .03 caliper.

It has been increasingly difficult to find good quality blotting
paper, in general. We started observing problems with the blotters
we had used over the years. Specifically, we noticed brown tidelines
form after standard paper conservation treatments involving the
blotting of moisture from works of art on paper.

We have been searching for an alternative, but have had difficulties
finding good quality, soft, flexible blotters in a standard (not
thin) thickness.

Please let me know if you can recommend a good source for
approximately .03 caliper blotters. Perhaps there might be a
reliable supplier overseas.

Akiko Yamazaki-Kleps
Assistant Conservator
Sherman Fairchild Center for Works on