Subject: Foam book supports

Foam book supports

From: Rhea DeStefano <rdestefano>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2006
We are in the process of renewing our foam book supports for the
reading room that have quite some years of usage and are starting to
disintegrate. I know that there are many companies out there that
produce these book supports in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, US etc.

The company Polyformes Ltd., England who originally started the
production of the so called "Clarkson Book Support System" with
Chris Clarkson use to have a supplier they collaborated with in the
US.

The companies we know of in the US now are:

    United Foam Plastics Technologies
    Kissimmee, Florida

    Austin Urethane
    Americus, Georgia

Has Oddy testing or any other quality test been done with any of
these suppliers in Europe or North America? Does anybody have any
recommendations?

Rhea DeStefano
Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington DC

                  Distributed: Friday, April 28, 2006