Subject: Organ pipes

Organ pipes

From: Alexander Eckert <alexander.eckert>
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2006
In my workshop in Germany I have to conserve deformed and broken
historical organ pipes made of thin ( <1 mm )
tin-lead-alloy-material. The broken parts should not be soldered
like they usually would be, but glued with epoxy adhesives or other
synthetic glue. In this special case the pipes cannot be soldered
because they are painted on their front sides and the paint would be
destroyed by too much heat. Does anyone have made any experiences
with gluing broken objects made of thin tin-lead-alloy-materials?

Alexander Eckert
Dipl.-Restaurator (FH)
Orgelbauer
Virbi Tn 11- 46