Subject: Laser cleaning and hazards

Laser cleaning and hazards

From: Alayne Alvis <aalvis>
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2006
I am following up on some comments made at a not-so-recent AICCM
meeting in Melbourne (Australia) about possible harmful materials
generated by laser ablation in the process of cleaning objects. I
understand that there was reference made to this problem at the 2nd
LACONA conference in Liverpool, but I am yet to track down a copy of
the proceedings. Any information about published material on this
subject would be appreciated.

Alayne Alvis
Conservator Metals and Large Technology
Museum Victoria