Subject: Call for papers--Preventive conservation

Call for papers--Preventive conservation

From: Mads Christian Christensen <mads.christian.christensen>
Date: Friday, April 7, 2006
Museum Microclimates:
A systematic presentation of the interplay between rates of
destruction of artifacts, the local climate and the indoor climate
in museums and archives.
The National Museum of Denmark
Copenhagen
19-23 November 2007

First announcement and call for papers

This conference aims to present a coherent picture of our knowledge
of the environmental influences on rates of degradation, the
environmental standards derived from this knowledge, the active and
passive methods of maintaining a protective microclimate conforming
to these standards and the ways of ensuring the durability of the
microclimate itself.

Each session will have a review by an invited speaker followed by
submitted contributions and good time for discussion. There will be
one day of excursions to museums and storage rooms with interesting
climate control.

We ask authors to submit an extended abstract of less than 2000
words to the review committee. Send your abstract to
musmic [at] natmus__dk . We do not promise to consider abstracts submitted
after September 1, 2006. We also invite posters, and we intend have
a trade fair.

Tutorial style contributions based on already published work will be
acceptable, as will case histories which illustrate aspects of the
themes listed above.

The contributions will be reviewed by the conference committee and
will be published, both on paper and on the internet. Contributions
will be accepted only if they are directly relevant to the theme of
the meeting.

For further details and occasional updates, bookmark
<URL:http://www.natmus.dk/microclimates>

Organisers:

    The National Museum of Denmark
    ICOM-CC Preventive Conservation-WG