Subject: Positions at National Museums Liverpool

Positions at National Museums Liverpool

From: Claire Gillies <claire.gillies>
Date: Friday, March 31, 2006
Conservation Scientist
National Museums Liverpool
Ref: 2006/28

UKP20,676 - UKP25,522 pa pro rata
Fixed term contract up until 31-10-06

It takes people from many different fields to run the National
Museums service in the European Capital of Culture 2008.

Join us as Conservation Scientist and you'll have the exciting
challenge of working in our brand new Reveal Laboratory at the
National Conservation Centre. It's set to be a unique and
fascinating visitor experience and will give you the chance to
provide solid scientific support to our conservators.

That means investigating conservation materials and techniques, as
well as the technology and composition of our collections. Much of
the work will be carried out in the exhibition space itself,
offering the opportunity for lively, engaging demonstrations to
visitors. You'll also train staff and conservators in demonstration
techniques. You'll need a good first degree in a scientific subject
and, ideally, a postgraduate or conservation qualification.
Experience of scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy,
X-radiography or Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy is also
essential. What's more, you should be a confident communicator and
may already be in a public facing role.

For further details about the post please e-mail
<siobhan.watts [at] liverpoolmuseums__org__uk> or call on +44 151 478 4866.
For an application pack please email your name, address and
reference number of the post to:
humanresources [at] liverpoolmuseums__org__uk.

Alternatively you may download details direct from
<URL:http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk>.  In addition you can
request an application pack from our recruitment line on +44 151 478
4848.

Closing Date: 20 April 2006.

NML is committed to diversity and we encourage applications from
people currently under-represented in the workplace. This includes
people from black and racial minorities, and people with
disabilities

Claire Gillies
Human Resources Officer
National Museums Liverpool