Subject: Pigma micron pens

Pigma micron pens

From: Dee Stubbs-Lee <dee.stubbs-lee>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2006
Thanks everyone for your responses to my inquiry regarding use of
Pigma Micron and similar pens for artifact numbering. Ours is a very
old collection and all kinds of atrocities have been committed here
over the years in the name of accession numbering. My gut feeling
from experience and from what I've read is that, for most materials,
the old standby method of using India ink with a dip pen between
barrier and top coats of B-72/acetone seems to be the way to go.

Dee Stubbs-Lee
Conservator,
The New Brunswick Museum
277 Douglas Avenue