Subject: Derek Jarman

Derek Jarman

From: Hiromi Tanimura <tanimura>
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2006
We have had a donation of five of Derek Jarman's works last year,
and one of them has a problem. The work is "Nine Circles", in mixed
media; the pieces of a broken glass plate pushed onto the heavily
thick oil paint on canvas, maybe while it was very soft. One of the
small pieces has fallen off from the work. It seems that the glass
pieces stick there without any adhesive, but now I need some
adhesive to restore it. The adhesive must be perfectly transparent
when it is dry, because it will be seen when it sticks on the oil
painting. I would be very happy to get any information about the
suitable adhesive and about his works.

Hiromi Tanimura Hilgeman
Guest Researcher
National Museum of Modern Art, Osaka