Subject: Funding

Funding

From: Clare Reynolds <clarereynolds>
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Cynthia Johnson <pazzawinyan [at] yahoo__com> writes

>I am developing a project to catalog and restore the print and
>drawing collection at San Lazzaro degli Armeni, an Armenian
>monastery in Venice, Italy. ...
>As you can imagine, the list of restoration projects seeking funding
>in Venice is very long. I am wondering if anyone has any creative
>ideas on resource development?  I would also be interested in
>hearing the experiences of others who have done similar long-term
>projects.

Have you thought of setting up a training program with volunteer
tutors?  If you had the space for such a project, I'm sure that
there would be willing volunteers who could train students to
undertake the work required, and thereby raise the profile of the
project, making other fund raising easier.

Clare Reynolds ACR MIPC
London

                 Distributed: Saturday, March 18, 2006