Subject: Matting agent

Matting agent

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Jake Kaner <jkaner01 [at] bcuc__ac__uk> writes

>We are currently in painting and retouching a piece of Gerald
>Summers plywood furniture, which is coated with an orange pigment
>suspended in a cellulose based finish. Does anyone know of a
>reliable matting agent which we can add to this surface finish,
>bearing in mind that we do not want the result to be too opaque?
>Alternatively a matting agent for shellac may be another option that
>we could consider.

Several of our clients have found Cabosil M5 to be highly effective
with its extremely fine particle size. Cabosil M5 is most commonly
used to matte epoxy resin fills and is available in 100 gms pots.
Technical sheets are available from our plant in Cowley, Oxford,
England and through our plant in Springfield, Virginoa, America.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
Oxford

                  Distributed: Monday, March 13, 2006