Subject: Glass paper

Glass paper

From: Robert Watson <drawatson>
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2006
Lindsey Bogle <pstudio [at] xs4all__nl> writes

>A colleague in the Netherlands has told me he can no longer get hold
>of glass paper from the United Kingdom (glass paper is not produced
>in the Netherlands). ...

The Horsetail plant may be a natural substitute, although I am sure
it has a finer grit than 100. The Wood Horsetail (Equisetum
sylvaticum) is a horsetail (family Equisetaceae) native to the
Northern Hemisphere, occurring in North America, Eurasia, and Asia.
This perennial horsetail has erect, hollow stems that grow from 30
to 60 cm in length and from 1-4 mm thick. All the stems have 10-18
spiny vertical ridges that contain silica spicules.

Robert Watson
Conservation framing
125-D Post Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060