Subject: AIC meeting schedule

AIC meeting schedule

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2006
AIC members should note that the leadership has decided to change
the annual meeting to April.  The idea surfaced after reviews of AIC
members comments to reduce costs.  The idea that we can all simply
change our schedules to a different time period without this being
presented to the membership is appalling.  Such a change will not
affect institutional conservators, but those on academic calenders
and most people in private practice will be left out.

My experience, and that of most of my colleagues in private practice
is that summer months are slow periods of client activity.
Galleries and collectors are usually out of town or have completed
yearly work.  A change to April will therefore present a hardship to
two segments of our membership.  Why this change did not come before
the membership for a vote is really disturbing. Even the suggestions
summarized from membership surveys listed in Meg Craft's letter in
the January 2006 News lacks one for moving the meeting.  Let's
rethink this before a contract is signed for next year.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                  Distributed: Monday, March 13, 2006