Subject: Position at British Library

Position at British Library

From: Richard Burillo <rburillo>
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Conservation Project Manager
Fixed term for two years
St Pancras, London
The British Library
cUKP29-34k

Are you a highly motivated person with experience or an interest in
heritage conservation and preservation and the material culture of
global communities? Do you also enjoy the challenge of examining
existing systems and shaping them into something new, more focused,
more productive and better suited to responding to the C21st working
environment? Do you like working with people? Would you like to work
alongside the world's knowledge and have direct involvement with
those you care for it day-to-day?

The British Library are looking for a person to work in the
Conservation section as a Project Manager for a range of work
programmes and operational reviews that are part of one of the most
significant changes this section of the Library has experienced. It
is an exciting time with a new facility being built for our staff
and major reviews of our workflows and supporting procedures. We are
also looking at our skills, knowledge and methods of treating
collection items so that we can ensure that we provide a best
practice service to the library in the digital age. In all the work
we do there is a tantalising juxtaposition of old with
new--traditional with innovative.

This two year post provides you with the opportunity to work in a
unique environment at a time when Conservation at the British
Library--a section of over 80 professional conservators from a range
of backgrounds--is unifying, diversifying, evaluating and reviewing,
consolidating and getting on with the business at hand.

If you feel that you can contribute to this we would like to hear
from you. For an application pack and further details on how to
apply, please contact People Media Response on +44 20 7420 2080 or
email bl [at] peoplemedia__co__uk quoting reference VM033906

Further information is also available from
<URL:http://www.bl.uk/about/vacancies.html>

Closing date: 30 March 2006.

The Library has a strong competency-based performance management
programme which encourages the highest standards of service
innovation and professional development.

The British Library is an Equal Opportunities employer. We recognise
the benefit of employing a diverse workforce. All applicants are
considered on the basis of their merits and suitability for the job
and all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be
invited for interview.

Richard Burillo
Account Executive
People Media