Subject: Library card hall of fame

Library card hall of fame

From: Mitzi Thomas <mthomas>
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2006
    author.

This is a call to all  libraries to send a borrower card from their
library to be included in the Library Card Hall of Fame.

The point of the Library Card Hall of Fame Collection is to promote
libraries in general as well as to show how libraries share and
cooperate in providing access to information.  Additionally, as
technology advances I am worried that the library card may become
obsolete, just as the card catalogs did. Therefore, this may be a
golden opportunity to preserve something before it is gone. I will
be displaying the Library Card Hall of Fame at the FLA annual
meeting and convention in Orlando, Florida in April, 2006.

I am overwhelmed! I have received more that 250 replies from as near
as the county next door and as far off as Australia.  I am hoping to
put the collection "on the road" since so many have expressed
interest in hosting the collection at their Library.

This collection is really collaboration amongst libraries. Please
spread the word about the collection and keep the cards coming. My
goal is to have as many libraries represented no matter where they
are or what kind of library they are.  Again many thanks to everyone
who has submitted a card for the collection, and especially for the
kind notes enclosed with the cards.

If you would like your library represented in the Library Card Hall
of Fame, please send an unregistered card to:

    Mitzi Thomas
    101 Library Blvd.
    Ponte Vedra Beach, FL  32082
    Mitzi Thomas