Subject: Color laser printers

Color laser printers

From: Andrew Hart <ashart>
Date: Monday, February 13, 2006
Our Acquisitions Department is exploring using a color laser printer
(Xerox Phaser 6250) to print bookplates for some materials in
general collections. I am interested in observations--formal or
anecdotal--that anyone can share about permanence for color laser
prints. For the this use, I'm particularly interested in potential
transfer to facing pages, dark fading, and color stability. Any
advice, comments or citations for relevant literature will be
appreciated.

Andrew Hart
Preservation Librarian
CB#3910, Davis Library