Subject: Painted indian textiles

Painted indian textiles

From: Joanne Hackett <jhackett>
Date: Thursday, February 9, 2006
Jane Wild <jane.wild [at] nga__gov__au> writes

>Conservation work has begun on a large painted textile (Pichhavai)
>attributed to the Kota school in Rajasthan. ...
>... Any information pertaining to the
>analysis or conservation of these textiles would be invaluable to
>the research phase of this project. ...

See "The Unfolding of a Sticky Situation: The Treatment of a
19th-century Temple Hanging" by Joy Gardiner and Beth Szuhay  in the
Postprints of the Textile Specialty Group, Volume Eleven, 2001.
Published by the Textile Specialty Group of the AIC. Also,
"Conservation of an 18th-century Deccan Pechhavai" in the Postprints
of the Joint Session of the Paintings and Textiles Specialty Group,
1991.  Published by AIC.

Should you be unable to find these articles in Australia, let me
know and I will send you a copy.

Joanne Hackett
Textile Conservation
Indianapolis Museum of Art