Subject: Cleaning chromium plated candlesticks

Cleaning chromium plated candlesticks

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2006
Goran Budija <rest3 [at] muo__hr> writes

>I have two chromium plated iron candlesticks.Both are badly
>corroded. Does anybody have some
>practical for cleaning of that kind of metal objects? ...

Responding to Budija Goran's recent enquiry about products suitable
for cleaning chrome candlesticks we have two conservation cleaning
products that should work well.

Biox Conservation Liquid is designed for cleaning by immersion
whilst Biox Conservation Gel can be layered onto the surface of the
item, especially useful with larger items for which immersion is not
a viable option.

Biox Conservation Gel is one of the few cleaning products approved
by the Lloyds Register for use on deep-sea diving gear and has been
used to remove rust and verdigris from a variety of metal objects
including iron, steel, brass and aluminium.

Full technical and MSDS sheets for both these cleaning products are
available from our plants here in Oxford, England and in
Springfield, Virginia.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
Cowley, Oxford, England