Subject: Position at British Library

Position at British Library

From: Mehboob Mohamed <mehboob.mohamed>
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Preservation Coordinator
The British Library

Salary cUKP21 - 25k
Located Boston Spa, Yorkshire

We believe that every new idea could change the world, every small
business become a global brand, every first novel a bestseller. Each
year, the British Library helps millions of people research every
aspect of the world's knowledge, through our website, reading rooms,
information services and exhibition galleries.

Of course, it's vital that our 150 million items--and the ideas
contained in them--are preserved for the future. In this role, you
will have the chance to work as part of a small team to develop
forward-thinking preservation techniques and work with a
world-famous collection. A superb communicator, you will ensure that
people throughout the Library become more and more conservation
focused, as well as raising standards to the highest levels in the
Preservation North Team at Boston Spa.

Through several years' experience in the sector, you've built up an
impressive knowledge of Library and archive preservation and current
conservation practice. An ambassador, leader, technical expert and
budget negotiator all rolled into one, you'll have a major impact on
this world-famous organisation.

For an application pack and further details on how to apply, please
contact

    People Media Response
    +20 7420 2080
    bl [at] peoplemedia__co__uk

quoting reference VM029806.

Further information is also available from
<URL:http://www.bl.uk/about/vacancies.html>

Closing date for applications: 2 March 2006.

Interviews to be held: 9 March 2006.

The Library has a strong competency-based performance management
programme that encourages the highest standards of service
innovation and professional development.

The British Library is an Equal Opportunities employer. We recognise
the benefit of employing a diverse workforce. All applicants are
considered on the basis of their merits and suitability for the job
and all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be
invited for interview.

                 Distributed: Friday, February 17, 2006