Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Laura Day <laura.day>
Date: Thursday, February 16, 2006
Sculpture Conservators
Temporary Maternity Cover
(1 part-time, 3 days per week; 1 full-time)
Salary: UKP23,250 pa (full time equivalent)

Closing date:    1 March 2006
Interview date: 13 March 2006

We have two opportunities for experienced Sculpture Conservators to
join our team to cover maternity leave.  One post is full time to
start in April; the second is part-time, 3 days per week to start in
June.  You will advise on the display, collection care and storage
of sculptures in a range of media as well as examine, restore and
ensure they are properly documented.  These roles will include
assessing and examining new sculpture acquisitions for the
Collection and works required for display at our London, Liverpool
and St Ives galleries.

You will need to hold a recognised postgraduate qualification or
equivalent training in sculpture conservation with at least three
years' experience. Organisational, communication and analytical
skills are essential for these roles.  You will need to be able to
work independently on conservation treatments and advise on
environmental monitoring and the transport of art works. Basic word
processing and IT skills will also be necessary.

For an application pack, please visit <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk>
or email jobs [at] tate__org__uk amandeep.bains [at] tate__org__uk>  quoting ref
5173/TC.

Tate is working towards equal opportunities

                 Distributed: Friday, February 17, 2006