Subject: Digitization and collections documentation

Digitization and collections documentation

From: Thomas C. Klinke <klinke>
Date: Monday, February 6, 2006
Has anyone had experience digitizing and documenting (e.g.
registration/cataloging) an extensive collection of drawings and
prints? Are you planning--or do you know of--a comparable project?

We would be very interested in an exchange of experience (also
experiences of projects which failed for concrete reasons).

    **** Moderator's comments: Because of terminological differences
    between German and English, the above is my attempt to render
    the author's original message more clearly in English. I may
    have messed it up and if so, please do not hold it against the
    author. I hope I've conveyed the gist.

Thomas C. Klinke, Conservator
Wallraf Richartz Museum Fondation Corboud
Conservation of Drawings and Prints
Martinstr. 39
D 50667 Cologne
Germany