Subject: Standing press available

Standing press available

From: Dorothy Blunt <dblunt>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2006
    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to
    dblunt [at] dos__state__fl__us

The State Library and Archives of Florida is in the process of
moving its conservation lab to a nice new lab.  However, the new lab
space is just a bit smaller than the old lab space.  Therefore, the
large floor press (which isn't much used) isn't going.

The press was built by Seybold Machine Co. Inc. (US Patents 1893,
1895, 1896 and 1900).  We received it from a Jacksonville Book
Bindery that went out of business years ago.  The whole thing stands
about 8 feet high, 2 feet wide and 11/2 feet deep.  Being cast iron,
it probably weighs between 800 and 1,000 lbs. The daylight between
plates is about 31/2 feet.

If you want it, you must be a non-profit, government or school, and
you must be able to arrange to get it, as we can't deliver.

Dorothy Blunt
Preservation Officer
State Library and Archives of Florida

                 Distributed: Friday, February 17, 2006