Subject: Wooden splints

Wooden splints

From: Patricia Measures <pmeasure>
Date: Friday, January 27, 2006
We are looking for a source for wooden splints that measure 5-1-2 x
1/4 x 1/16 inches The wood is thin and flexible, with rounded ends.
We purchased a supply of these sticks from Fisher Scientific
(catalog no.14-410) in 1996, but when we went to purchase them this
year, discovered that they are no longer selling the same product
(same catalog no., but different product).

I assumed we could replace it easily from a local craft store,
coffee house, or medical supplier, but no one carries anything like
it.  A few manufacturers such as Liaoning MEC and Puritan sell
something similar, but require large orders (we only need one
package of 500).  If anyone has any suggestions on vendors
(preferably with some sort of contact info), I would really
appreciate the help.

Patricia Measures
Assistant Conservator
UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History