Subject: Elvanol

Elvanol

From: Elizabeth Thompson <elizabeth.thompson>
Date: Thursday, February 2, 2006
My colleagues and I have found a container of Elvanol grade 71-30 by
Dupont, a PVA resin in fine powder form. We were wondering if anyone
is familiar with this product. We have contacted Dupont but they
have not responded. We wish to know if it can be used as an adhesive
or consolidant, at what concentrations and in what solvents. We have
tried a few unsuccessful experiments. We would appreciate any
information on this product.

Elizabeth Thompson
Objects Conservator
Queensland Museum