Subject: Rudra veenas

Rudra veenas

From: Haegele Pascaline <pascalinehaegele>
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I am a student studying the restorative conservation of painted
works at the Avignon School of Fine Art.  My specialty is in the
conservation and restoration of painted musical instruments. The
music laboratory in the city of Paris has commissioned me to study
Rudra Veenas, Indian instruments (Rajasthan) dating from the 17th to
19th century.

This research is very exciting and opens up a very interesting
subject matter for further investigation which I would like to
continue and expand into a Master's thesis.

The study of ethnographic objects has been rarely investigated until
now, and there is a lot of missing information regarding Indian
painting techniques, materials for painting, traditional media. I
wish to start a database before analysing the constituents of the
paint layers, which have aged over the last three centuries. Any
information regarding the identification of traditional North Indian
materials for painting (particularly varnish, medium, and wax) on
all kind of support (sculpture, furniture etc) and the literary
sources or references are welcomed.

Pascaline Haegele
Student of the Avignon Fine Art school
in conservation restoration of painted works

                 Distributed: Monday, February 6, 2006