Subject: Lab chairs

Lab chairs

From: Christina O'Connell <coconnell>
Date: Friday, February 3, 2006
Meredeth Lavelle <lavellma [at] buffalostate__edu> writes

>... I would appreciate any
>feedback from anyone in the field who perhaps has a brand or model
>of a chair that they can recommend or a merchant or contact that
>might be helpful. We are looking for five-caster chairs with an
>adjustable height and no arm rests. ...

At the Indianapolis Museum of Art, we recently ordered HAG Capisco
saddle chairs.  They offer multiple seating positions  one can sit
forward, sideways, or adjust a tilt mechanism on the chair back to
sit backwards and lean over a work surface.  They do not have arm
rests, but the "t shape" of the chair back gives you an optional arm
rest if sitting sideways.  They have the five casters and are
available in two heights.   A simple internet search will provide
you with more manufacturer information and current merchants for the
chairs.

Christina Milton O'Connell
Assistant Conservator of Paintings
Indianapolis Museum of Art