Subject: Positions at Museum of London

Positions at Museum of London

From: Zoe Baggi <zbaggi>
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Textile Conservator
Applied Arts Conservator
Collection Care Officer
Museum of London

Textiles Conservator    35 hours per week, permanent
Ref: MoL-TC
>From UKP21,447 per annum (dependent on experience), including City
Supplement

    We are seeking an experienced Textile Conservator to undertake
    practical and preventive conservation work on a wide range of
    textile and related objects from the Museum's collections for
    display, loan and study purposes.  The Museum of London has one
    of the finest collections of costume and other textiles in the
    world, offering a wide range of challenges.

    You will hold a recognised qualification in textile
    conservation, with substantial post qualification experience in
    the field.  A self-starter, you will work on your own initiative
    with the minimum of supervision and will produce high quality
    work to tight deadlines.

Applied Arts Conservator
35 hours per week, fixed term for 8 months
Ref: MoL-AAC
>From UKP21,447 per annum (dependent on experience), including City
Supplement

    An Applied Arts Conservator is required to support the
    Department's work on the Museum's Capital City project and a
    number of temporary exhibitions over the next few months. The
    postholder will work with colleagues on a wide range of
    materials and on other practical and preventive conservation
    care projects.

    You will hold a recognised qualification in a relevant branch of
    objects conservation with hands on, practical experience and an
    up to date knowledge of materials and techniques.

Collection Care Officer
Archive Volunteer Learning Programme
Offered as 28 or 35 hours per week, fixed term for 12 months
Ref: MoL-CCA
>From UKP20,010 per annum (dependent on experience), including City
Supplement (pro rata for 28 hours per week)

    The Museum is starting an exciting new project supported by the
    Heritage Lottery Fund to pilot a learning programme for
    volunteers based on collection care work for archaeological
    material. A Collection Care Officer with experience in
    archaeological materials is required to work with a learning
    officer, other staff and volunteers on this project based at the
    London Archaeological Archive and Research Centre in Hackney,
    north London. The programme will target people at risk of social
    exclusion.

    You will hold a degree in a relevant conservation discipline or
    equivalent experience, have familiarity with archaeological
    materials and archiving, excellent interpersonal skills and the
    ability to inspire and motivate people in collection care.

Application forms and further details can be found at
<URL:http://www.jobsgopublic.com/museumoflondon> or call +44 20 7814
5792, quoting the relevant reference number

The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 Feb 2006.
Interviews will be held on 22 Feb 2006 for the Applied Arts
Conservator, on the 23 Feb 2006 for the Textiles Conservator and on
the 24 Feb 2006 for the Collection Care Officer.

The Museum of London is committed to the establishment of a diverse
workforce. People from ethnic minorities and with disabilities are
currently under-represented in our workforce and applications form
these groups are therefore particularly welcome.

Find out more about us at <URL:http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk>
<URL:http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/>

Zoe Baggi
Senior HR Advisor, Human Resources and Development
Museum of London Group
150 London Wall
London. EC2Y 5HN
+44 20 7814 5794