Subject: Dehumidification

Dehumidification

From: Jacalyn Chin <doublechin>
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2006
Has anyone had any experience with using an air dryer to mitigate
very humid conditions, temporarily, in a house museum? I am
considering the one for sale in the Real Goods catalogue.

    **** Moderator's comments: According to
    <URL:http://www.realgoods.com/> "silent Air Dryer uses
    convection coils"

Our use would be for helping to reduce the high swings in humidity
in a room that gets particularly damp during rainy days. Can you
suggest any options beyond a dehumidifier, which is impractical
since it is always humid on the site and in the house?

Jackie H. Chin,
Collections Manager,
Merchant's House Museum, NY

                Distributed: Thursday, February 2, 2006