Subject: Lab chairs

Lab chairs

From: Meredeth Lavelle <lavellma>
Date: Friday, January 20, 2006
The Buffalo Statbe College Art Conservation Department has, finally,
decided to replace their 20 year old lab chairs and would like some
help with suggestions. Since no manufacturer (that I know of)
specializes in "conservation lab chairs", I would appreciate any
feedback from anyone in the field who perhaps has a brand or model
of a chair that they can recommend or a merchant or contact that
might be helpful. We are looking for five-caster chairs with an
adjustable height and no arm rests. This is an enormous purchase for
us since we need approximately 48 chairs to fill all of our labs and
we would ideally like these chairs to last us for another 20 years
into the future. I have researched surgeons chairs which seem
appropriate but would like to hear some recommendations before
buying.

Meredeth Lavelle
Senior Staff Assistant
Art Conservation Department