Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Kathryn Hallett <kathryn.hallett>
Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2006
Textile Conservator
Historic Royal Palaces
(Part Time - 3 days per week)

This role will work as part of an energetic and professional team
who manage the conservation treatment of large-scale tapestries,
textile furnishings and costumes.  As such this individual must have
proven conservation treatment experience and will have a strong
understanding of conservation science, theory, principles and
ethics.  Working as part of world-class textile conservation team,
this individual will enjoy the challenge of contributing to
practical conservation projects and exhibitions which are directed
by very tight deadlines.  This role contributes to the promotion and
explanation of our conservation work to our visitors.

Good problem solving and communication skills are essential,
together with a well-organised and self-motivated approach.  A
formal qualification in textile conservation would be ideal, and
successful candidates will either be UKIC accredited or actively
working towards professional accreditation.

Closing date: Friday 20 January 2006
Salary: UKP19,127 (pro-rata)

To apply for the above position, please send your full CV with a
covering letter to recruitment [at] hrp__org__uk or the

    Human Resources Department
    Historic Royal Palaces, Apartment 45
    Hampton Court Palace
    Surrey KT8 9AU