Subject: Position at Fine Arts Conservancy

Position at Fine Arts Conservancy

From: Gordon Lewis <gal<-a>
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2005
Conservation framer
Fine Arts Conservancy

The Fine Arts Conservancy is looking for a highly competent
conservation framer (prefer CPF or MCPF), to take over our framing
operations. Most important is a solid working knowledge and
experience in conservation framing technology and techniques,
experience chopping, joining and fitting frames, cutting glass by
hand, basic mat cutting (particularly 8 and 12 ply), conservation
mounting of art, textiles and other 3-D materials, hand covering
mats with fabric, cutting reverse bevel mats, filets We deal in
period frames, so a knowledge of, or interest in, antique frames is
desirable, and the ability to restore antique frames is a plus. An
eye for detail, good organizational skills,The framer will also be
asked to advise clients; the ability to deal with VIP clients and an
insistence on quality workmanship are an absolute must. Skills in
digital photography are important.

Framing is an adjunct to our conservation business, which is one of
the most highly respected conservancies in the nation;
<URL:http://www.art-conservation.org> will give a comprehensive
overview of our labs, capability and scope. Our framing operation
(Conservancy Master Framing, Inc.), is advertised as, and functions
as, "only museum quality framing". 99 percent of our work is in high
end, closed corner frames, frequently on masterpiece level art but
the occasional insurance job requires replacement of "like kind and
quality". Many of our finest replica frames are carved to our order
in Europe, of a quality not obtainable in the domestic market. We
also construct a substantial number of sealed frames (sealed systems
or microclimates) to protect against Florida humidity and mold..

Part "2" of the job is (a) organizing and co-coordinating our
emergency response team: we sometimes respond to disaster situations
requiring rescue of art and valuable antiques, and (b) assisting the
conservators when needed in the conservation lab. We will teach
these functions to the successful candidate.

Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. This is a
unique opportunity for an outstanding person to work in an
extraordinary environment and live in the Palm Beach area--one of
the most desirable locations in America. We are an equal opportunity
employer.

Please reply to:

    The Fine Arts Conservancy, Inc.
    5840 Corporate Way
    West Palm Beach, FL 33407
    Fax: 561-684-8508
    lab<-a t->art-conservation< . >org

                Distributed: Thursday, December 15, 2005