Subject: Moving collection materials

Moving collection materials

From: Robert Pearce <robert.pearce<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2005
We are preparing to move from our present location in 2006 to the
University of Nottingham's newest campus--King's Meadow.  In the new
venue our Reading Room will be some distance from the Mss Store and
our porters will have to wheel trolleys (containing manuscripts and
printed books) through public space between Store and Reading Room.
Does anyone have any advice about appropriate trolleys and/or
suppliers? Ideally we are looking for something that is enclosed,
maybe lockable, and big enough to deal with the wide range of
shapes, sizes and weight that make up the contents of our holdings.

Robert Pearce
Conservator
Manuscripts and Special collections
Hallward Library,
University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham NG7 2RD.
+44 115 9515151 ext: 18916

                Distributed: Thursday, December 15, 2005