Subject: Preservation Administration Discussion Group (PADG)

Preservation Administration Discussion Group (PADG)

From: Jane Hedberg <jane_hedberg<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 15, 2005
ALA Midwinter Conference, San Antonio
ALCTS/PARS
Preservation Administration Discussion Group
Saturday, January 21, 2006
8am-12:30pm
Marriott Rivercenter, Salon F (3rd floor)

Meetings at this Midwinter Conference are required to conform to the
new ALA schedule.  In order to be able to hold PADG at the customary
9:30-12:30 time, we have had to utilize two of the new time slots.
Cathy (Mook) Martyniak and I decided not to let the 8-9:30 time go
to waste, and have arranged for four informal discussions about
topics that have recently been of interest.  We encourage all of you
to rise early and join one (or more, table-hopping is permitted) of
these discussions.  If you choose not to rise early, the "official"
PADG will begin at 9:30.  We look forward to seeing you in San
Antonio.

8-9am           Pre-Meeting Open Discussion Sessions

                    Future directions in preservation management
                    Bob Harriman, Preservation Technologies

                    Interlibrary loan sticker policy
                    Karen Brown, SUNY Albany

                    Is there a role for PARS in regional
                    disaster assistance?
                    Nancy Kraft, University of Iowa

                    Creation of institutional repositories
                    Cathy [Mook] Martyniak, University of
                    Florida

9-9:30am        Reports from Pre-Meeting Open Discussions

9:30-10am       Audit Checklist for Certifying Digital Repositories
                Connie Brooks, Stanford University

10-10:15am      ALCTS Publications
                Jeanne Drewes, Michigan State University

10:15-10:45am   Break and Poster Session

10:45-11:50am   New Orleans: Report from the Front Lines
                Alfred Lemmon, Historic New Orleans

11:50-12am      New Orleans: Update on Heritage Emergency National
                Task Force Activities
                Tom Connors, University of Maryland

12-12:10pm      Next PADG Chair Discussion

12:10-12:30pm   Announcements

Jane Hedberg
Preservation Program Officer
Weissman Preservation Center
Harvard University Library
Holyoke Center 821
Cambridge, MA 02138
617-495-8596
Fax: 617-496-8344

                Distributed: Thursday, December 15, 2005