Subject: A death

A death

From: Rebecca Pavitt <rebecca<-a>
Date: Monday, December 5, 2005
I am very sorry to relate that paintings conservator Lesley Irwin,
passed away November 24, 2005, after a brief and unexpected illness.
She leaves behind her husband Dean van't Schip, and children Katie
(11) and James (15). Lesley trained at the Courtauld Institute of
Art, after which she worked in private practice first at the Holland
Park Studio, London, and later in British Columbia, Canada.  Lesley
was a wonderful friend and colleague, and we miss her very much. The
conservation community in British Columbia is gathering written and
photographic memories of Lesley, to be presented to her family at a
memorial service in late January (date to be announced).  We would
love to hear from all who knew her.  Correspondence re the memory
compilation can be sent to Rebecca Pavitt <rpavitt<-a t->dccnet< . >com>.
Family condolences can be sent to the van't Schipt family at 2584
Lower Road, Roberts Creek, B.C. V0N 2W4, Canada

Rebecca Pavitt
Fine Art Conservation

                 Distributed: Tuesday, December 6, 2005