Subject: Call for papers--CIDOC

Call for papers--CIDOC

From: Hans Rengman <hr<-a>
Date: Monday, November 21, 2005
Call for papers
"Wider perspective--broader base"
CIDOC annual meeting 2006
Gothenburg, Sweden

The CIDOC annual meeting and conference 2006 will take place in
Gothenburg, Sweden, September 10-14-2006, in the localities of The
Museum of World Culture and nearby venues. Invitation and further
info at <URL:http://cidoc06.se>

CIDOC is the international focus for the documentation interests of
museums and related organizations--an international committee of
ICOM - International Council of Museums

The conference themes enlighten the fact that more and more efforts
are taken in the field of cross border cooperation and the focus on
standardisation from outside the traditional museum sector.

At the same time as other organisations and users looks at museums
we also have to look at the knowledge management movements outside
museums and to collaborate between sectors as natural and cultural
heritage. Aspects as fighting illicit traffic with heritage objects
and bringing intangible heritage knowledge to future needs, amongst
others, also form a challenge for the documentation systems.

We also would like to enforce the museology and information science
researchers to study the standardisation evolution within the museum
field.

Opening for a broader knowledge of CIDOC and the CIDOC work we hope
to gain a stronger adoption in everyday work in museums, and a more
active partaking in future CIDOC activities.

We welcome and encourage--together with the established
experts--students, young professionals and curators coming from the
universities and not earlier represented museums around the world,
to take part in the conference as delegates--and to become members
of the CIDOC.

See more information on the conference at <URL:http://cidoc06.se>

See also

    <URL:http://cidoc.icom.museum>
    <URL:http://icom.museum>

For the organizing committee,

Anne Murray
Bengt Wittgren
Hans Rengman

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 23, 2005