Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Gregory Basso <greg.basso<-a>
Date: Monday, November 21, 2005
Regarding Eltek loggers--aside from range and battery life issues, I
would also check that they have proper FCC (Federal Communications
Commission) approval.

The reason I mention this is that in the past, we have seen several
manufactures claim to have wireless loggers for the US market but
the loggers did not meet FCC requirements. Part of these
requirements is that there be a specific "Grant of Equipment
Authorization" from the FCC for the transmitter portion of the
sensor.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about these and
other FCC requirements or range vs battery life issues.

Greg Basso
VP Applications
Cascade Group, Inc./Hanwell Instruments, USA

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 23, 2005