Subject: Historic lime mortar

Historic lime mortar

From: Kara R. Dotter <karad<-a>
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2005
    author.

I am a graduate student working on a Master of Science in Geology,
and my thesis topic is the characterisation of historic lime
mortars. I am desperately seeking samples of historic lime mortars
for my research. For thin sectioning purposes, the sample should be
at least the size of the end of your thumb, from tip to the nearest
joint. I am also looking at the boundary characteristics between
substrate (stone or brick) and the mortar, so am also interested in
obtaining samples still attached to the substrate. If you would like
to contribute a sample, please contact me via email.

Kara R. Dotter
Graduate Student
Master of Science in Historic Preservation
Master of Science in Geology
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas  USA

                Distributed: Saturday, November 19, 2005