Subject: Cellulose acetate butyrate

Cellulose acetate butyrate

From: Kate Winston Moomaw <kwm208<-a>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2005
I am researching options for repairing a sculpture made from
cellulose acetate butyrate sheet (aka CAB, brandnames: Uvex and
Gemex).  I am looking for potential adhesives and fill materials
that are transparent and otherwise compatible.  If anyone has any
experience with this material and has suggestions of what to try or
what to definitely avoid, I would be grateful.

Kate Moomaw
Graduate Student
Conservation Center
New York University
New York NY

                Distributed: Thursday, November 10, 2005