Subject: Delamination of paint films

Delamination of paint films

From: Dennis Baltuskonis <dbaltusk<-a>
Date: Friday, November 4, 2005
I would like to learn of successful treatment(s) for the problem of
delaminating paint films when an artist chooses to use acrylic paint
on top of oil based paint.  This problem is appearing more often,
from paintings done in the late 1940's.  Injecting adhesives is
problematic because the delaminating process is on-going, some of
the paint remains "stuck".  I'm also concerned that the solvent in
the adhesive actually accelerates the process.  Any insight and/or
comments would be appreciated.

Dennis Baltuskonis
1103 Midnight Drive
San Antonio TX 78258

                Distributed: Thursday, November 10, 2005