Subject: Blueprints

Blueprints

From: Tanya Faulkner <tanyafaulkner<-a>
Date: Monday, November 7, 2005
I am a 3rd Year Applied Museum Studies student at Algonquin College
in Ottawa, Ontario.  Presently I am conducting research on the
development and conservation of blueprints.  I have been searching
for the following publications, however have had little luck in
finding these sources.  If anyone has information as to where I can
acquire this information I would greatly appreciate their
assistance.

Also, I am looking for a good source on the treatment of cyanotypes
but have yet to come across a valuable resource.  I would greatly
appreciate recommendations of credible sources on the care and
conservation of cyanotypes.

    Hall, B.J.
    "Blue Printing and Modern Plan Copying." London: Sir Isaac
    Pitman and Sons, Ltd. 1921.

    Hamill, Michele E.
    "Washington ll: Conservation of Architectural Drawings at the
    Library of Congress." The Book and Paper Group Annual, vol 12
    (1993) pp 24-31.

    Lavrencic, Tamara J.
    "Duplicate Plans, their Manufacture and Treatment." Institute
    for the Conservation of Cultural Material Bulletin, vol 13
    no.3/4 (December 1987), pp139-147.

    Lathrop, Alan K.
    "The Provenance and Preservation of Architectural Records." The
    American Archivist, vol 43 no 3 (Summer 1980.) pp 325-338.

Tanya Faulkner

                Distributed: Thursday, November 10, 2005