Subject: Mold on stone

Mold on stone

From: Mike Trinkley <chicora<-a>
Date: Sunday, October 30, 2005
Shelley Reisman Paine <shelley [at] srpaine__com> writes

>I have discussed this material with Mary Lou and performed many
>tests with very limited success. I would like to know if anyone has
>tried to remove this particular biological material, especially from
>stone.

I would test D/2 Architectural Antimicrobial available from
Cathedral Stone. We have had very good results using this material
on cemetery monuments. Be advised that the removal is, to some
degree, progressive over several days to weeks, so the test period
should be adequate to allow full evaluation.

Michael Trinkley, Ph.D.
Director
Chicora Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 8664