Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Tobit Curteis <tc<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2005
Howard B. Wellman <wellman [at] dhcd__state__md__us> writes

>Can anyone recommend a sensor and/or data logger that will record
>visible and UV light levels in museum exhibits and historic house
>rooms?

If you are thinking of a full system rather than a stand alone
logger you should consider using an Eltek Squirrel radio telemetry
system. I have used a number of these systems over many years and
found them to be extremely robust. The UV/LUX transmitter uses the
same sensor as the ELSEC hand held monitor in order that readings
are compatible. The software has recently been significantly
developed in conjunction with a conservator (rather than just by
programmers) and is therefore specifically designed for heritage
applications. This makes data handling and analysis very
straightforward. Systems info is at
<URL:http://www.eltekdataloggers.co.uk/telemetry.shtml> or contact
the director Luian Hatfield.

Tobit Curteis Associates