Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Rachael Arenstein <rachaelarenstein<-a>
Date: Friday, October 28, 2005
Howard B. Wellman <wellman [at] dhcd__state__md__us> writes

>Can anyone recommend a sensor and/or data logger that will record
>visible and UV light levels in museum exhibits and historic house
>rooms?

I have used the Climate Notebook software to analyze and archive
data obtained using the Hanwell system and it was an extraordinarily
tedious task that I hope to not have to repeat.  I am a huge fan of
the Climate Notebook software and have used it with no trouble in
conjunction with several other loggers.

I received frequent error messages every time I tried to import the
Hanwell data.  We eventually realized that this happened every time
the Hanwell receiver did not successfully register a signal, which
occurs infrequently with some sensors and, at our institution more
frequently with other locations.  It registered a N/A which could
not be read by the CNB.  It may be that this problem can be
corrected by the excellent CNB programmer but I had to scroll
through each Hanwell file to delete all N/A entries, which was very
time consuming.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein

                Distributed: Thursday, November 3, 2005