Subject: Water damage to unbound journals

Water damage to unbound journals

From: Teri L. Herbert <herbertl<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2005
This message is posted on behalf of Sue Felber
<felbers<-a t->moffitt< . >usf< . >edu>

        **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person
        who is not on the DistList and will not see any responses
        that are posted here.  Please respond directly to sender.

    Several weeks ago, we had a ceiling leak that occurred over our
    journal stacks.  We cleaned everything as well as we could, but
    about a dozen issues (not bound volumes) of journals are now
    showing mold growth and some of the pages are stuck together
    from water damage.  Is there anyway to salvage these issues?

    Sue Felber, MSLS, AHIP
    Medical Library
    H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
    12902 Magnolia Drive
    Tampa, FL 33612
    813-972-8400, x6415
    Fax: 813-979-3084